Thread: Trucks
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 08:59 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it's funny somewhat about guys wanting a "work" truck that "looks" good. I guess I've always been of the mentality... I'd rather have something ugly that gets out and makes the money, rather than something pretty that just primps around. Our two trucks are dedicated work trucks, both '04 Chevy 1 tons. No, they aren't the "prettiest" but they've always worked hard. We keep them clean because I want them to last, but still. They are work trucks, not show trucks.

I like the looks of the Dodge's the best, if we are basing things on looks. But I've known too many guys who owned late 90's up to mid 2000's that had frame issues and transmission issues (out of the automatics). I think everyone can agree on the 6.0L Fords that haven't been modified. All in all, I think the Chevy's have been the most durable for the past 12 years or so of all brands. Granted in the past 2, 3 years Dodge and Ford have made a lot of changes, but I think it's still too early for long term durability. I believe manufacturers are realizing that companies are hanging onto stuff longer, so in the 3/4 ton+ size categories you're going to see better across the board.

Page generated in 0.03920 seconds with 7 queries