Thread: Trucks
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 02:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbell36 View Post
pretty good post...i would agree with most of that...our WORK trucks are simply that, work trucks, no leather, sunroof, or even power windows/locks...but MY truck is nice, with all the bells and whistles, which is the truck i use for irrigation and a secondary truck for a trailer when needed, then it will plow this year finally in the "off" season...so it's an all around truck..to be honest, it doesn't look like a work truck really at all

depends on which years we are talking, but i would agree dodge had some great years as far as looks go...their current style is my least favorite that they have done, but i have heard the trucks are getting much better as far as durability goes...the mid to late 90's was my favorite for ALL the big 3, '97 in particular, that's the last year ford had their classic body style, and the '94-'01 dodges were my favorite body style, but their automatic transmissions were TERRIBLE...i also loved the '97 chevy body style too, this was the first truck/body style that i ever wanted...unfortunately i had to wait longer than i wanted to and went with a '99 dodge for my first truck...bad choice, had to replace the engine, transmission, rear end, heater core, etc.(not one of those are cheap)..the rust was absolutely terrible on it, didn't notice it until about a year after i bought it...still bitter about that truck

with that said, i still think ford has the best overall package, especially the '11 and newer trucks with the 6.7 in them...i would buy a dodge simply because we have a great relationship with our dodge dealership, and they are growing...used to have one building, now they have 5 buildings and one street that they have dedicated to themselves, that includes doing their own street maintenance...my point it, i want to keep them happy as we do all their maintenance, so i wouldn't mind driving some cummins...i'll keep my truck for a long time tho, love it too much and have put a lot of money into it (tuner, air intake, exhaust, emissions delete, installation)
I don't think I gave much though it, but a lot of LCOs work trucks are also their personal trucks. I know around here there are several guys riding around in the jacked up F-150s and Silverados pulling a trailer. Heck, there's even a newer GMC Denali SUV pulling a trailer with a Ferris around here. I guess that's part of the reason for some guys wanting a "pretty" truck. I know it takes an act of congress to get my wife into one of my trucks.

Like you said, our work trucks are plain Jane, no power anything, just a plain radio, not even cassette or CD... They do have AC, that's it. My personal truck on the other hand I ordered it as loaded as I could get it at the time. It's a Chevy Avalanche, and I doubt it would even handle one of our trailers empty.

Page generated in 0.04107 seconds with 7 queries