View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 03:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I was in the same place as you are, I went with a dump trailer, and I went with 7x14 lphd from brimar with 14k gvw. and I added sides to it, so I can hold 12 yards of mulch easy. I do a decent amount of brush clearing and tree removal so mine is loaded with wood all the time, so a dump trailer made more sense for me. even mowing in the fall with the bagger system I dump the bags into the trailer and put the mower in when im done, and I can fit the clippings and leaves from about 18 yards in the trailer and still fit the mower in, a dump truck has its place and I wouldn't mine picking up a dump truck for leaf removal but its not necessary especially being solo, and not having an employees yet, and as far a mulch goes, I had 7 yards in it 4 months back and had it tilted up a good amount and just worked out of the wheel barrow like I would a dump truck, and cleaned up what didn't make the wheel barrow and left when I was done, I also was able disconnect which literally takes 2 mins and I left for lunch. easy to hook up to and easy to and quick to disconnect. once you start hooking up to a trailer 3-5 times a week you get pretty good especially after 10 years of practice.

Page generated in 0.03354 seconds with 7 queries