View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallihergreen View Post
I love those OBS GM trucks, that one looks clean for a 15 yr old plow truck from MN. Looks like you're partial to Ford's though. You guys buy most of your stuff new or used? How long you been in the biz? I see you've got a couple early 90's cab-overs in your fleet shot, what do you use those for? What services do you guys offer? Oh, and BTW. You have a real nice operation! You should be proud!
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks!

Yeah the Chevy is actually very clean for the year and miles. Only rust it has is on the bottom of the doors. I love driving that little thing.

For buying, depends on the truck, the 01s were all bought new when we phaised out some of the 1990's. Cabovers were new. Dump and chevy were used. Really depends on what we are using it for.

The Isuzus are 550/150 gallon tank fert trucks. Expensive as hell but BY FAR the most efficient setup for fert/herbicide. One of the guys broke a company record last week for jobs done in a week with them.

We've been in business since 1978. Before that my grandpa owned a different business but went with the volume/cheap price attempt. That didn't work out well. Started this company with the complete opposite mindframe and have been at it since.

We offer everything except irrigation. Bread and butter is fert/herbicide.

TBH I may start a daughter company for Landscape Installs. Our name is well known but NOT for landscaping.

Page generated in 0.03490 seconds with 7 queries