View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 07:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I've already hauled away the majority of the first wave of heavy leaf fall... Maple leaves and the last of the pine needles were sitting quite heavily on the ground and capable of suffocating grass...
Rather than remove it I found it was quicker in the long run to double mow with the Timemaster 30 as it does such an excellent job mulching... looks like freshly mowed turf w/out any debris sitting at the surface...

In this case it is actually Cheaper to do the 'organic thing' and it is going to be a huge improvement on these soils... I may add compost to aid in decomposition next Spring when it warms up again...

I was hoping to hear from others some organic strategies that can be implemented to improve the conventional synthetic 7 step program, w/out telling the client to "lower expectations" while gradually leaving the 7 steps behind...
This is all that has come to mind so far,,, but other creative ideas would be helpful...

Page generated in 0.03520 seconds with 7 queries