View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
Loyalty and financial responsibility. Lots of Dollar store types out there. I call the bigger companies the Kmarts of lawn care. Not a lot of people that are like Neiman Marcus or the Bentley dealership. "don't leave until I give you your check". Music to my ears.
Everyone to their fancy Nancy as she Kissed the Cow. The thing about it is, I Know how and have been there and done the perfect Work. Now I know better.

I am Glad I won't miss a meal if I don't wait for check. Fact is if a customer doesn't pay I just write them off and move on.

About 2 years ago I realized how much extra time and aggravation it was costing me to do that Flawless work and How much the customer didn't realize the difference. I still have those same L&O accounts only I have more time to do the working class Fire Ant jobs. Yes I had to put a second Unit on the road as a one man. I still have My Cab Over for the Fert & Squirt. But I also have a Pick up with a 300 gallon skid spray and a Ride on Toro Multi-pro with a 150 gallon tank for Fire Ant Control. It cost me $ 7.50 per acre for Insecticide, which less than the gasoline to get to the job.

BTW I now use a Helper to drag hose. Because I don't have to stop to move hose etc, I can do the Job 3 to 4 times faster. Plus if the Customer comes out and talks with me the Helper keeps spraying. Years ago I wouldn't have trusted a helper to spray. Now I know it won't make a differences to the Customer.

What works for me, doesn't mean it will work for you. But I am a happy camper with more jingle in my pocket because I finally realized the customer doesn't realize the difference between acceptable work and perfect work.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Page generated in 0.04336 seconds with 7 queries