View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
Loyalty and financial responsibility. Lots of Dollar store types out there. I call the bigger companies the Kmarts of lawn care. Not a lot of people that are like Neiman Marcus or the Bentley dealership. "don't leave until I give you your check". Music to my ears.
Everyone to their fancy Nancy as she Kissed the Cow. The thing about it is, I Know how and have been there and done the perfect Work. Now I know better.

I am Glad I won't miss a meal if I don't wait for check. Fact is if a customer doesn't pay I just write them off and move on.

About 2 years ago I realized how much extra time and aggravation it was costing me to do that Flawless work and How much the customer didn't realize the difference. I still have those same L&O accounts only I have more time to do the working class Fire Ant jobs. Yes I had to put a second Unit on the road as a one man. I still have My Cab Over for the Fert & Squirt. But I also have a Pick up with a 300 gallon skid spray and a Ride on Toro Multi-pro with a 150 gallon tank for Fire Ant Control. It cost me $ 7.50 per acre for Insecticide, which less than the gasoline to get to the job.

BTW I now use a Helper to drag hose. Because I don't have to stop to move hose etc, I can do the Job 3 to 4 times faster. Plus if the Customer comes out and talks with me the Helper keeps spraying. Years ago I wouldn't have trusted a helper to spray. Now I know it won't make a differences to the Customer.

What works for me, doesn't mean it will work for you. But I am a happy camper with more jingle in my pocket because I finally realized the customer doesn't realize the difference between acceptable work and perfect work.

it is one thing to do a off label applications. It is total stupidity to post it on the world wide web and expect people to approve.

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

Page generated in 0.04406 seconds with 7 queries