View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 03:40 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm a bit biased since I work part-time at a Redwing Shoe Store, but I have personally worn various models of Redwings for the last 8 years and wouldn't want to try anything else. As with any brand of boots/shoes, you'll find some comfortable and others not so much, but once you put your foot into the Redwing model and size that was made for you... you'll know why so many blue-collar workers prefer them.

Just to clear up a few things... the Redwing brand now includes Irish Setter, Worx, Vasque, and a few other lines. Redwings (and the affiliated brands I just mentioned) all carry a one-year warranty on quality/workmanship, a one-year warranty on the waterproof lining (if so equipped with GoreTex or Redwing Waterproof), a thirty-day comfort guarantee, lifetime complimentary in-store oiling, and lifetime complimentary replacement shoe laces (the boots with the patented lacing mechanism carry a lifetime warranty on the mechanism/laces).

We typically recommend that the boots be oiled every three months to preserve the leather, but that varies greatly according to what you put them through. I've never heard of oiling the rubber soles.

Page generated in 0.03499 seconds with 7 queries