View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 05:14 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTS View Post
Interesting idea. You guys should post back on the forum with updates on what the group is doing and improvements you've seen or made thanks to the group. I have had a similar idea in the past however my idea was about taking people from different industries in the same area with similar target clientele and getting together on some things. Sharing information with a guy who details high end cars is very little risk to my business but the possibilities are endless.

Just a few ideas I had about the group I was looking to start that could apply to your group.
-Write a newsletter together, each member contributes a small article and it's beneficial to your clients and you without the headache of writing an entire newsletter yourself
-Share other marketing burdens, order large quantities of promotional material with group buying power then individually send them to a printer to stamp your logo on them, you should still save money this way.
Good luck with the idea and bring back some results. It will be interesting to see the idea in motion.
My company currently has something loosely like what you are talking about. I have about 5 other companies in different fields (plumbing, electrician, hardscaping...) that we've gotten to know over the years. The big thing for me is that I know their work and their values and quality of work reflect my company too. I'd hate to refer an electrician that is going to end up on one of those Dateline NBC episodes for pricing who knows what for a $100 job. It looks good on us to be able to honestly refer others who do honest work.

Page generated in 0.03220 seconds with 7 queries