View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham721 View Post
I have a older bobcat ransoms 36" belt drive. I purchased this mower a few years ago used and had little to no problems with it. Recently I blew the transition belt and had to order a replacement belt online for the mower. I installed it to the the specifications found in the owners manual. But now I only have a very slow speed.. before I replaced the belt I was able to cycle through a few different speeds.
I adjusted the tension so the belt would be the tightest with the speed lever in the highest position. maybe I am missing something.
any advise would be greatly appreciated to help me mow a lot faster, I am getting tired of walking very slowly as I mow.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by graham721 View Post
I put into gear and pulled against it, the shafts don't move at all when the motor is off.

The model # is 933105
Grahm721,

Per your model number (933105), that IS a variable speed set up.

Make sure that there are NO pieces of the old belt or any cords of the old belt wrapped up around the variable pulley shaft between the two plates.

Secondly, make sure the lower plate (closer to the ground) of the variable pulley is not seized or hanging... With the belt off, you should be able to "pull" the lower plate away from the upper plate by hand. It will be stiff, but should move and begin to compress the spring!
Also make sure not to overadjust the threaded rod that pulls on the movable idler. If you do, your "slow speed" will be faster and your "fast speeds" will be even faster!
Be aware also that you can take the variable pulley apart if it is hanging/seized... Keep in mind there are also 2 different versions.

The OEM drive belt part number is 38670.

See attached PDF
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Variable Speed Pulley.pdf (224.1 KB, 7 views)

How very observant of you there captain obvious.

The amount of FREE information that you receive here will be directly proportional to the amount of information that you provide!

Page generated in 0.04657 seconds with 8 queries