View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg8872 View Post
You keep making the point of comparing apples to apples, yet then you go and compare educating yourself researching other marketing campaigns versus hiring SEO without doing research about it at all.
Yes... as a landscaper, for example, I know my services already, I know my target audience already, I have a general idea of what I want my ad to say, what I want it to accomplish and where I want it to be seen. I run the ad and track the results. Advertising in traditional forms has been around for a very long time. SEO, new game.

SEO is not the same thing. Many SEO firms will tell you that results take time and to be patient, all the while, keep paying. As stated in my original post, I can't begin to tell you how many landscapers have told me that they hired an SEO firm/person, paid a lot of money, and in the end, got nothing for it.

I am not an SEO expert and as headz77 said, the average landscaper is not even going to know how to begin to research SEO since it is foreign to them and it is an ever changing field. But I know enough. I know enough about advertising and marketing and the internet. I am all about doing whatever is necessary to learn as much as you can about anything that pertains to your business.

Page generated in 0.03683 seconds with 7 queries