View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 03:23 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
Big, heavy? That thing is designed to be carried by the rice farmer's wives. Most of them are not 6 foot tall and former members of the shot put team either. I am actually less tired at the end of the day using that rather than unrolling hose. Only reason why I would run the skid sprayer is to apply a 5 or 10 gallon mix to more than 2000 sq ft. 20 years ago, I remember spraying miles of hibiscus hedge. The sprayer I used back then was a Chapin 5 gallon stainless steel and brass backpack. Empty, it was about 20 lbs. I did that because the brass pump could take the pressure I wanted. I have blown plastic pumps trying to get enough spraying pressure out of them. I had 2 ceramic disc core nozzles mounted on a swivel to treat for mites. Now that was heavy, combined with the force needed to generate 50 psi. Every time you pump, that pushes down on the carrying straps. An engine drive backpack is well padded and it gets light very quickly when it is moving 1.8 GPM.

Haha point taken. I was just saying compared to a regular backpack sprayer this thing is huge. It does look like it has great straps and padding. Gonna be for lawn weeds almost exclusively. Shrub sprayer is a 50 gallon designated tank with 7 gpm "fat boy" delavan pump, 300 feet of 3/8 hose, teejet gun with rollover valve, one side zero degree nozzle the other a mister with dcer cone nozzles for shrubs.

Page generated in 0.04149 seconds with 7 queries