View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 01:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

State of Alaska does not have a sales tax, many states do. Some only require tax on materials, some tax on goods and services. Still some states have a different rate for goods than services but still tax both.

The city of wasilla has a 5% sales tax, but only on the first $50 (so for example the tax on a $50 service and a $5000 service is the same amount) ...it's annoying, but it has paid for some nice things around here (that and WAY too many cops!...we have a GIANT police force)

When I get complaints like this from, that the OP posted, they are usually something like "I called, and they didn't make me a priority!"
We generally have a TON of people complain about 'timeliness' which is odd, because they haven't committed to any services, and they freak out when they are told "we already have clients" and "clients with contracts already take precedence"
People understand a line at walmart, but they don't understand that with the service industry?

I had a guy call for a one time cut (something I KEEP trying to tell the front office WE DO NOT DO) and we completed the service in July.
Then the guy calls in early october to again, get a one time cut... I told the front desk. "NO" we are already booked for the remainder of the season.
The argument comes "but we did it for them in july"
I DONT GIVE A CARE! (and I have no idea how that one snuck by me or who authorized it or even dispatched the crew!)
So the person keeps calling and calling and wanting a service, and blah blah, and I keep getting messages about it on my desk.
What is the DEAL? No no no no.

Finally the front desk puts the message on one of the partners desk who says "this person has been calling for two weeks, we have to do this work NOW!" (????) erm, they aren't a customer, we don't have a contract, we have NO commitment to service them.

"oh no! this is a 'priority' client"
(so now we know which moron authorized the work behind my back int he first place)

So out the crew goes (pushing contracted, scheduled work out of the way, which generated countless more complaints from people who WERE promised things and didn't get it when they were promised)

and YOU guessed it, the lawn hadn't been serviced since JULY, when we were out there last!

So what happens? The customer claims they shouldn't have to pay, because they had to wait two weeks for service, from the time they called!

WHERE did they get the idea they had some kind of promise of service? "I called there for you have to do this?" (this is some kind of phenomena because it is becoming more and more common).

So for giggles, I told the front desk...look this customer up on quick books, I want to see how many times they have called for a one time service.
the answer? 8.
And what is their current balance?
The answer $1600.
and have they EVER paid for any service?
The answer no.
How many months are they over due?
The answer 48 months.

so I look at the partner and I WANTED to just say "dumb ass!"

Instead I said, "this is why no, means no"

Page generated in 0.03899 seconds with 7 queries