View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 06:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sway View Post
For those that asked i will be spraying pre emergent, dye & post. This will be the first year that i have converted to these teejet guns with the extension due to us adding the dye to our applications.

Im switching guns so that when i apply the dye that it will look more uniform and not splotchy.... what tip do you guys prefer to cover the best area?
The usage of dye was a step in arriving at what equipment would apply a treatment evenly to a turf area, providing good coverage without run off from the target weeds. Even on a hand piece using a single tip, my preference is for an Air Inducted flat fan. A 11008AI operated at 40 PSI at a moderate walking pace of 2 MPH held 18" off the ground will apply about 2 gallons per 1000. A 11004AI will apply 1 gallon. Dye was also useful in determining what set up favored off target deposition of the spray. A non air inducted flat fan nozzle or even a flood jet nozzle had lots of dye on me, landing in flower beds or on hard surfaces.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738

Page generated in 0.03305 seconds with 7 queries