View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sway View Post
For those that asked i will be spraying pre emergent, dye & post. This will be the first year that i have converted to these teejet guns with the extension due to us adding the dye to our applications.

Im switching guns so that when i apply the dye that it will look more uniform and not splotchy.... what tip do you guys prefer to cover the best area?
Y'all are going to be a freakin mess using tracker dye out of a gun that is held in front of you.

When using a single fan tip for broadcast applications we always used a 120 degree tip and a curved brass wand. This was years ago. The wider angle tends to be a bit more forgiving. A larger orifice will give you larger droplet size, less drift and a bit more volume. Of course there is the air induction technology greendoctor is speaking of and I have used them on a boom. I have not used them as a single tip handheld sprayer so I can't speak of how well they perform being used that way.

We only use blue dye for 2 things. Extremely critical spraying...usually bare ground and training Rookies to spray an even pattern.

That stuff's like handling nuclear waste and we avoid it whenever possible..lol

Page generated in 0.04271 seconds with 7 queries