View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwelchre View Post
Are you planning on eventually growing the business past what you stated? no plowing/no 4x4, waste of gas/ possible repair, and cost of 4x4 is at least 1k more than not. honestly everything you stated, a compact truck can handle without being abused, you can always rent and abuse a home depot truck for a specific job. I've always been in business to make money, not for haveing the biggest truck... depends what your goals are. I would definitely go with a 6 cyl though. For the hauling, mulch doesn't way anything and top soil is heavy for a 1 ton truck also, just take two trips for the few times you do top soil, i don't think its worth the extra cost of a full size. Just my opinion.
Thank you all for all the responses. I do wish to plow in the future and I do want to grow to a full service company. I really want a good starting point truck. bwelchre, thank you for the advice. Those stated are my current needs, but I do wish to do more. I just don't have any plowing contracts right now, and I'm not sure if you have to be 18 or not to plow driveways and lots for insurance purposes.
Toro Gas Straight Shaft Trimmer
Stihl KM 130R w/ adjustable hedge trimmer and brushcutter attachment
Stihl BR 600 Backpack Blower
Stihl HSE 60 Hedge Trimmer
Stihl MS 180 C Chainsaw
Toro Corded Electric Blower/Shredder
Hand tools, gas can, wheel barrow

My 2014 picture thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=423362

Page generated in 0.03303 seconds with 7 queries