View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 10:21 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Ya, while you're in high school LIVE IN THE PRESENT, I know you need to plan for the future, but you still have a whole other year... From the time I was 8 years old all I ever wanted to do is be a pilot in the AF. I had talked to recruiters, took the tests, everything.... then my senior year I got my back messed up pretty good and the AF said "thanks, but no thanks". This was in '98. I don't know if they have eased their entry standards any or not, but that absolutely killed me for a long time. You don't know what tomorrow holds, so enjoy today.

Once you get into the "real world" you definitely need to have long term goals and a mindset. I still wonder what it could have been for me, but I'm thankful that now 15 years past high school I've got a great business, a great wife, two great boys.

Best of luck to you, I hope you have a great career, but like I said, enjoy the present. High school seems sooooo trivial now. I think there's maybe 3 people I graduated with that I still have "regular" interaction with. Some of my better (for lack of judgement) memories are from college. Truly good times... Then the bills start coming in! haha

Page generated in 0.03315 seconds with 7 queries