View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
Throw a set of g5 blades on and a chute blocker and most of your issues even on biweekly accounts will be gone. I have no issues with caked up grass and I only have issues with grass on tires if its very high and wet. In that case I just kick it off with my feet before I have to use a sidewalk or street. Worse case scenario I blow the grass away. Still tons faster than using a 21.

I have a mulch kit and bagger on it but only for when I absolutely have to bag grass. I made a chute blocker that can be removed with a wing nut in about 30 seconds. Zero turns have baggers but are set up the same way.

Leaves get blown into piles, plowed and sucked up with vac or plowed into the trailer.

Before that we blew them into piles and tarped them onto the trailer unless we blew them onto the back of properties or to the street for curbside pickup.
Posted via Mobile Device
As far as leaves go, like I said - I'm not set up for leaf cleanups. I don't have a vac, or anywhere to put the leaves.

My trailer is a 5x8 and If the mowers are on it there's no room for debris beyond a few bags of it.
I've done a few cleanups by tarping and dragging to the trailer, but I'm limited in how much I can haul even if I leave the mowers at home.

Curbside pickup is my best option, but not many areas do this.

For now, I just mulch what I can. and do a few that are small enough to handle, or have a place to blow them to.

Page generated in 0.03585 seconds with 7 queries