View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassbusterdesigns View Post
While I agree with everyone under all circumstances, if I'm home I'm going to protect my home, and that means if someone that doesn't live here comes in the home, their not leaving unless they somehow escape the rounds of my .45 and survive. However, the situation I was in, I wasn't worried about anyone coming in while I'm at the house. I was particularly worried about something happening when I was out of the house. We all have a clear understanding of what to do when you're in the house. So in other words, there's no 100% fool proof, but we all need to take precautions and secure everything down. There was a contractor here a few weeks ago posting on Craigslist, he left is whole box van loaded one night, they ripped him for everything. I don't mean a few hand tools, but the man had everything, and I mean everything. Multiple Circular Saws, skill saws, jig saws, high end Makita and Dewalt Drills, every kind of tool you can think of this man had taken. After that incident, it made me start thinking twice. We will be moving to a new neighborhood soon. We have three duplex properties on our street, the only reason we're living where we are is because our house is completely paid off. You can bet in a few months, we will be in a new area and renting this place out.
Makes you question why he had everything in his van at one time? I don't know the story but I would never tell my insurance company yea everything I had to work with was in this van.... Might slow down on getting your money back.

Page generated in 0.04063 seconds with 7 queries