View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 05:28 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds912 View Post
Thanks for the replies. I have not used atrazine all that much. Most of my yards don't have that many winter weed issues. Nothing trimec southern or a few other herbicides would not eliminate. I do have a few yards with annual bluegrass. Dimension is marginal at best, atrazine seems to work much better. the worst annual bluegrass is actually in a predominantly St. Augustine yard that has a 50 sq. ft section of common Bermuda. the blue grass comes up in the Bermuda, which I cant treat with atrazine upon poa annua germination because I am afraid I will kill the Bermuda and leave a nasty bare spot all winter. I have been using manor at the high rate for pretty decent control. I can only use it once per season at the rate I use so I have to wait until I have a decent stand of poa annual. Dimension applied at the high rate in the same area once the average soil temp at 2 inches drops below 70 degrees for more than 3 days has marginal control. I am going to apply atrazine to the area in a few days to see what happens, The Bermuda is not fully dormant. We shall see.
If you are worried about harming the Bermuda consider simazine.

Page generated in 0.03582 seconds with 7 queries