View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longislandlawn View Post
So I past by a customers house today , that I do the weekly maintenance for ,and I see day laborers with a pickup truck, there doing a planting job. Planting various plants around the house in beds, and making some new beds. These people never asked me for a quote or nothing for the job. Why is it that more people around me are hiring more and more day laborers than before to do landscape jobs. This really frustrates me, how about hiring a local business. Would you go back to these people next year or not.
Why would you consider dropping a profitable weekly maintenance client?

Why are you blaming the client for not asking you to do the job as well as blaming someone else for doing the work? Sounds like you didn't even know your client was interested in having some plants installed.

You didn't get the job because you didn't go after it and earn the business…you expected the job to be handed to you or at the very least you expected the client to come directly to you and given you the opportunity to bid for the job.

You should reevaluate your client interactions and look for way to be proactive and how you can remain at the top of your client's service provider list.
www.awlandscapers.com

Hustler X-One 60"
Wright Stander RH 36"
eXmark 21" ECXKA21 Mower
Stihl FC110 Edger
Stihl FS90 Trimmer
Stihl FS55R Trimmer
Stihl HS56C Hedge Trimmer
Stihl MS391 25" Bar Chainsaw
RedMax EBZ7100 Blower
Earthquake 16" Rear Tine Tiller
Honda 9" Mini Tiller FG110