View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 09:31 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...56146854,d.aWM

From this data by Professor Rieke at Michigan State, there was no negative effect from mulching leaves into turf at 100 pounds per thousand sqft. Actually maple leaf plots had fewer dandelions.
Thanks for the article... I've been thinking about revisiting the maple leaf Michigan experiment to review the details,,, but the last one I read didn't talk about mulching in ankle deep oak leaves...

Right now in Centro Wisco the pine needles are done and most all the deciduous leaves are just about done dropping,,, except for the oak leaves, of course... and now I've been given the green light to mulch mow them into the turf as well... this article was the first resource that actually did the oak leaves and didn't worry about poorly chopped pieces suffocating the grass...

I am curious about the long term results of continuous mulching of leaves, year after year in the same spot/plot... I get the impression that they mulched at different times during a single year and recorded statistics from that one period...
It seems to me that over time that more NPK would be released from the OM buildup at the surface...
Any ideas about that???

Page generated in 0.04284 seconds with 7 queries