View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digdeep View Post
YellowDogSVC...I'm going to have to disagree that you'll actually see a legitimate 37gpm@3500psi on a reputable flow meter. I've done this test on a T870 with a friend of mine who is a current Bobcat salesman and his lead mechanic in his Bobcat shop. We were getting less than 12hyd hp at 3500 psi and less than 22gpm at all pressures above 3000psi. As a matter of fact, we did not see 37gpm once we got above 2100psi. Max hyd performance was around the 2500-2700psi range and the pump was producing around 31-35gpm if I remember correctly. In no scenario will you see 37gpm going through a flow meter @ 3500psi in your 85hp machine.
can only report what I saw. I've been running high flow attachments since 863 machines came out and have watched the flow meters so I could see if my machine was in spec. I'm not saying with 100% certainty that I saw 37 at 3500 but I saw several of the machines reach the flow (one was putting out more than specs) and my pressures were withing the specified range of 3450-3550 which is what Bobcat calls for. I watched my CAT 272c hit it's max flow and pressure then drop off, too. I don't think the 870 has a different pump and the pressure is supposed to be the same or within the same range. the 330 put out more gpm than it was rated for and had a similar situation with one of my s300k series machines.

I guess it doesn't matter as long as the job gets done for the attachments you plan to use.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing

Page generated in 0.04333 seconds with 7 queries