View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 06:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
So these arbitrary laws that starve lawns and cause them to thin out don't do much good. I can see prohibiting the dumping of grass clippings down storm drains. I can also see doing whatever it takes to hold soil in place, including growing a vigorous stand of turf. Can't do that when a non agronomist or non horticulturist is writing fertilizer restrictions. I even see water restrictions as counterproductive because when the grass is killed by lack of water and it finally storms, what happens? Don't want pollution, you would have to concrete every square inch of land and send all run off water into a treatment facility.
That is exactly how it appears... lobbyists are able to convince the poly-ticks to do just about anything AND as long as you can put an environmental spin to it,,, the media will spin it to the masses as a good thing...

What really sickens me is that our DNR harasses anyone that works to remove all the leaves and debris from fresh water spring-fed lakes... having all this manure-like substance, undergoing anaerobic decomposition, building up along the shoreline is,,, "GREEN and natural"...
If every homeowner cleaned up his riparian zone the P would be soon eliminated from the waterways, the crisis would be over and the DNR would lose an excuse to regulate, dominate and intimidate the homeowners...

Page generated in 0.03684 seconds with 7 queries