View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Townhouse Yards View Post
Wow, thanks for all the advice. As of right now, leaning towards a 1/2 ton, possibly a 3/4 ton. I agree with you though on diesel truck and the 7.3 engine.

How is the regular cab in head and leg room for you?
plenty of head room, could have more leg room, but its certainly been tolerable over the last 2 years, lets just put it this way, my 97 7.3 f350 has made more wayyyyy more then enough money to go out and buy an 99-2010 regular cab or crew cab or whatever cab I want truck that has more leg room, but with being a newer company and growing so much and needing/wanting so much equipment and buying that equipment. a new truck for more leg room wasn't on my mind so much. now that I have everything to be just as efficient if not more efficient then any company out there, a newer truck is on my mind. but for the original investment of 3500 dollars my 97 f350 with a 7.3 diesel was a great purchase. I have well over double that into it now, but its made me a lot of money. I would encourage you to buy an 02 or 03 7.3 diesel if you have the money or even 2008-10 if you can find one under warranty. or have a lot saved, and its not under warranty. because when the 6.4's break if they do they aren't cheap to fix like the 7.3 and 6.0 which are driven off of a high pressure oil pump which is driven off the camshaft. the 6.4's and 6.7's are driven of a high pressure fuel pump if i'm not mistaken, reliable for the most part, but not like being driven off the camshaft.

Page generated in 0.03927 seconds with 7 queries