View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 08:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnut View Post
As I've posted elsewhere, the solid front axle of a Ford or Dodge is easier on tires, especially loaded or with a plow.

Diesels aren't really more involved on maintenance. Certainly more expensive, but, the intervals are longer. The only extra is the fuel filter/water separator needs to be kept up on. Keep an extra filter in the truck at all times. Keep the water drained.

As for gas or diesel. The big guy here runs all gas. He says the increased initial cost and fuel cost of diesel does't make financial sense. Seems anything with a diesel goes for stupid money. If we're talking $5K-$7K difference, that'd buy an awful lot of gasoline.

Learn maintenance chores. Changing oil, filters, belts, and such isn't a big deal. I'd go through any truck I bought (change all fluids and filters). You need to start out with a known maintenance schedule. Since I do my own, I'm a little OCD on doing things; meaning more frequent.
Ok, thanks for the info. Is there a difference between a diesel and a gas engine in fuel mileage?
Toro Gas Straight Shaft Trimmer
Stihl KM 130R w/ adjustable hedge trimmer and brushcutter attachment
Stihl BR 600 Backpack Blower
Stihl HSE 60 Hedge Trimmer
Stihl MS 180 C Chainsaw
Toro Corded Electric Blower/Shredder
Hand tools, gas can, wheel barrow

My 2014 picture thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=423362

Page generated in 0.03543 seconds with 7 queries