Thread: Bagged Compost
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Rick - them's some nice pics of your topdress overseed job. I 100% know that is what that service is all about. The results you get are phenomenal. I have seen it with my own eyes on the few manual spread jobs that I have done.

Fore - valid comments. No, not afraid of hard work, but if I am going to offer a hard working service I want to see some superior return on investment. I am not interested in making a pittance on a premium service like this. Quite frankly, I want to make a load off of it, cause it is worth it for the customer.
So, in your opinion, using bagged compost would be as much or MORE work than using bulk? I do not doubt the material cost difference, didn't think it would be that much though. One thing: I think I could almost name my price around here for compost application cause NO ONE does it. As long as my price was not astronomical, I think it would take hold.

Final question, do yall think that county compost is quality enough to run on lawns? That was the other reason for a lean toward bagged - trying to find a decent bulk supplier. Really my only option is the county site around here. If I get test results from the co., will it tell me percent weed seed?
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13

Page generated in 0.03857 seconds with 7 queries