View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i always mulch leaves. alot of customers don't have many trees in their yards or none at all. some have alot. only a few get me to do their leaves each year. i do leaves from the end of october-mid december. after that all of the leaves have fallen. i discharge and don't have a mulch kit. i use G6 blades which cuts the leaves up nicely. these are the same blades i use all season long cutting grass so i only need one setup on my mower year round.

i blow out the beds and hard surfaces first into the yard and then discharge everything to the middle of the yard. once the leaves build up i start discharging outwards. i section the yards off into little rectangles and go over the leaves until they disappear. i live in the south and cut warm season grasses and cut short so no stripes to worry about messing up. when i get done the yard is spotless. the first few times though new leaves have already fallen before i get done. it's not worth worrying about getting every single leaf up until december after they've all fallen.

on that note the leaves have been horrible this year. way more than usual. i guess it's because it rained so much this year and the trees had a ton of leaves on them.

Page generated in 0.03901 seconds with 7 queries