View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FdLLawnMan View Post
I will tell you this about TTTF in hook season regions like Wisconsin sheer I am located. The UW did has been testing TTTF for the past 5 years in at the research farm which is located in Madison, Wi and after 5 years if there is any KBG in the mix if overruns the TTTF. KBG has remarkable recuperative abilities with it rhizomous growing action. I have seen it on the lawns in my area this year. Last years drought and long winter hammered the lawn hard. After this years rains and helpful aeration the lawns looked great later this summer and fall. No seeding was needed.
Posted via Mobile Device
This why I killed out my KBG lawn. It turned brown (went dormant or nearly died) every summer. After hearing the 2 top guns at ISU switched to TTTF in their home lawns, I decided to follow suit. Now I have a green lawn spring, summer, and fall. I don't water, but I mow high and only when necessary during summer.

I realize KBG is a very "forgiving" grass, but in June, July, August, September, October .... it can be very "dead-looking", and this is not pleasing to my eyes.

Page generated in 0.04104 seconds with 7 queries