Thread: Steve's Place
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
I would love to know more about the EB-4 program... We all know that one of the major problems facing owners today is employment.(actually, lack there of..) Between the video game/computer generation showing absolutely no interest in working hard and slim margins dictating a smaller hourly wage, us owners are left with slim pickings to say the least. I recently left the Greater Boston market and many of my friends who are also business owners have turned to the EB-4 and it is working wonders for them... Of course not every LCO is doing it legally and I have even heard rumblings that the program is slated for review and perhaps shut down. Either way, I believe this would be a great topic to dedicate some real estate to in your book....
I use the H2-B program and have used it for over 10 years now. It is a great program but considering it is a government program there are always issues and the possibility of not getting your workers every year is a reality of being in the program. I have traveled to Washington D.C. many times in the past 10 years along with many other landscape company owners from all over the country to try to educate our politicians on the merits of this program. Thanks for the input.

Page generated in 0.03363 seconds with 7 queries