View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
Sometimes we end up working by the hour (certainly not my preferred way to run, but sometimes its the only way), no one has ever complained about $90-95 and hour for a SSL or CTL. Which tells me that at that rate, we are providing a service which has a good perceived value. Much like Yellowdog, with us your getting large framed machines with big power and performance. The key is the customer needs to see the results at the end of the job. The operator is a big part of that as well.
And with your particular setup and guys who are set up like you, getting you onsite opens up a lot of possibilities for the landowner. If they have more than one project, you have more than one tool. I've noticed several of the "cheap" guys just have a small machine or just use rentals making them inefficient and probably not nearly as proficient as an owner-operator or operator who is full time in that setup.

You do get what you pay for and it takes real $$$ to keep any of these modern machines running. I was just adding hydraulic oil today. That stuff isn't cheap. I have no clue where it disappears to (maybe little elves are stealing it) but it goes somewhere when I mulch. Does anyone know if oil evaporates?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing

Page generated in 0.03776 seconds with 7 queries