View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 07:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornell View Post
Since the Tier 4 was brought up I'm going to go against the grain. Our S770, new T770 we bought this Summer to replace the T750 and the T770 I have coming to replace the Tier 3 emissions machine I run aren't bad since they just have a DPF but no Urea. Urea is a PITA and I hate the idea of having another fluid to keep track of. The T770 that we have that is tier 4 has 350 hours on it and has only had to regen for 1.5 of those total hours. Not too bad. The piezo injectors that are coming into the industry also help with fuel atomization and fuel consumption.

Sometimes in the morning the last thing I want to smell like is burned diesel. The sweet smell from DPF treated exhaust is actually nice when I have to be by it.

I'm about the last person to agree with more emissions BS because of the costs but not getting a headache is a nice change.
I thought I was the only person who liked that smell! Our sv300 goes into regen for about 5 minutes every 12 or so hours . I completely agree with not liking the whole def . Def also freezes very easily which can be a pita in the winter months. I wouldn't nescesarlly be afraid of new technology because eventually we all will have to buy machines with it .
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.04377 seconds with 7 queries