View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDogSVC View Post
Do you have a handle on operating costs for your mulcher (teeth, hoses, etc.) to figure into the total operating costs? Took me awhile to get an idea of how long teeth last and now I can plan for that in my day price (or hour price if you look at it like that). I sat down and tried to figure out everything from fuel to teeth to tires, to hoses and then put my haul truck into the mix, too. While it's not exactly what KSSS posted from the article, it encompasses everything I could think of within my daily operating cost. If you are getting good life out of your teeth or blades, then it will help you put more away from each job. One set of teeth for me is about 2500 to 3k depending on the setup.
I am in the same boat as you where in figuring operating costs. I relied on the mulcher manufacturer for guidiance but ultimatley I will have too figure it out for myself.

I purchased an extra set of teeth when I bought the head so I have them. The teeth can be turned 4 times during ther life. The oem says about 300 hours out of teeth but I am over 100 and have not turned them yet. A set of teeth are about 1000.00.

Page generated in 0.03148 seconds with 7 queries