View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainTainZ Property Svcs. View Post
There are some properties where we do blow a majority of the leaves but we blow them to a area where they can be mulched. I do several apt. complexes and the actual yards are small but the amount of leaves are tremendous so we blow them to common areas on the grounds and then mulch. The only leaves that I have removed from a property this year are then ones stuck in or on my mowing deck and we try to get all those off before we load and go....I'm not against blowing and sucking up leaves but for me, I don't have the need. For me, it's about cost and time. I already have mowers, so I just put a mulch plug in the deck chute (total cost: under $100). That's my leaf equip. plus my blowers which I already had. Just my preference and my customers are used to it and like it.
mulched a lot of leaves, raked, hauled off..tried it all over 30 years
mulching is almost always so much easier..with big equipment much easier...I've mulched 2 foot tall piles with a 21inch lawnmower when I was young..so when we got a walkbehind it was very easy
2 Sears electric weedeaters
1 green machine electric leaf blower
1 sears articulating hedge trimmer-electric
2 50ft power cords
3 Leaf rakes
1 shovel
1 pocket knife
cooler for beer
lawn chair to enjoy a beer while I wait for the cash to be handed to me

Page generated in 0.03911 seconds with 7 queries