View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDogSVC View Post
I get a lot of calls asking what my hourly charge is.
I put in 9.5 hours yesterday, including hauling, for $900 running a tree shear and a grapple but just had a day price out of an overall estimate for entire job. I cleared and stacked A LOT of trees. For whatever reason, I always hate billing folks for that kind of money for just a day's work clearing because it's easy work for me when I've got the energy. When I look back at what was accomplished and compare that to other contractor's work (I'm going back to chip and mulch so all piles are clean and organized) I feel a little better. It just seems like a lot of money but not when you see the breakdowns of ownership costs everyone is listing.

I guess if I was the customer, organization and a clean job adds value to the service but sometimes when I'm writing the statement I feel like I have to explain why this work is so expensive. My customer asked me how much my machine runs... He couldn't believe how much a machine that can mulch costs.
It's expensive to be in business if you follow the "rules" and take care of your equipment so I guess I'm talking to myself when I say "don't feel bad for charging what you do".
I am the same way when I charge out jobs. I always think I am charging too much. LOL When you work for homeowners and property owners it makes you think this way. In my opinion if your a good steward of your customers money they will be good steward for your well being finacially.

Page generated in 0.03446 seconds with 7 queries