View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
If I read it right on the scag site. they use hydrogear 5400 transaxels. the bobcat pred pro uses bulletproof 16cc wheel motors and pumps. 4.5 quart trans tank with a cooler sitting on top of the engine. both have isomounts . I have been told that there is no better cut on wet lawns than the scag ,but the bobcat will cut a dry lawn better . i would look at the 37dfi, instead of the gas eater 34 carb
We have been running fuel usage test with the 37 DFI on a Ferris 3100 and it is using the same amount of fuel as the FX1000V, which is labeled as their 35 hp carbureted engine. I've been dealing directly with Kawasaki on this higher than would be expected fuel usage with their fuel injected engine, and they honestly don't have a good answer. They keep talking about the tremendous power offered, and it takes fuel to produce power.

I've told them when people buy a fuel injected engine, they expect to get better fuel economy, as does the Kohler closed loop fuel injected engine. They just can't seem to give a good answer as to why their DFI is showing no improvement in fuel economy.

Page generated in 0.03515 seconds with 7 queries