View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 03:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am solo and only use a backpack, also no ride-ons because all of the properties are small. Like most people said I simply start at the farthest point and try to bring the leaves to where I want them. Often times I make a pile where there is the most leaves, that way I'm not moving a mess onto a cleaner area, also I try to to a thorough job in one pass, but often times have to backtrack a little on account of the wind and etc. Other times I move the volume of leaves and then go back to get the embedded material which doesn't get caught in a draft as much. Like another poster said every property is different. The main thing is to have a system where you are not backtracking unnecessarily, I like to think of it as trying to squeegee the entire property, think of a puddle that you are trying to contain and push to a certain area. Also on a few occasions I bust out the rake or snow shovel to move heavy leaves quickly (leaves that are on the curb line and all wet from people draining their pools right before you come, lol) so then I can continue blowing, hope some of this helps. Like I said though most of my properties are small, typically I can blow everything with one tank of gas in the blower or much less, also before blowing I do all of the gardening (cutting back perennials and other plants that will catch the leaves and such), this is part of my fall clean-up service anyways so its just easier to do this step first, also sometimes I will rake out the corners or edges quickly (this helps from leaves blowing under the fence and upsetting the neighbour, for anyone who works in urban environments you know what I mean.) Cheers.

Page generated in 0.03214 seconds with 7 queries