View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEL View Post
Very good point here. If i hire someone and they cant deliver , i will get them to leave the job site write them a cheque for the portion they did and throw there business card away.

You are much better to get the proper equipment to do the job then a trailer that can haul 2 pieces of the wrong equipment to the job at the same time.

I know it can be confusing and exciting at first , but believe me jacob it is much better to relax and do one thing at a time. Go buy the right machine ( not a piece of junk that will fall apart on the job site) make some money with it, and buy the proper truck and trailer combo that will suit your needs for the future not just for a few months. (ie - rolloff or dump truck ) and dont burn your pickup out . The amount you will pay for repairs ( brakes,transmissions, and front end parts -Ive been there with almost the same truck) adds up real quick.

You are doing amazing with getting the proper contacts, and hooking the right jobs. Dont loose money with rushed purchases on equipment , trailers, trucks etc.
BINGO!!! I'll say the samething, we're in business to make money, not buying other people problems. I like to buy and not worry about if I have to fix this or not. Buy with the intent of not worrying about fixing things. Maybe on the long haul. (But keep in mind new or newer things brake as well but less to worry about.)
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500
7x14 OPEN TRAILER
5x10 OPEN TRAILER
36" HUSTLER ZTR
48" SCAG ZTR
61" SCAG TT ZTR
1 SRM 266T ECHO TRIMMER
1 SRM 2601 ECHO TRIMMER
1 PE 200 ECHO STICK EDGER
1 PB 770H ECHO BLOWER
1 PB 413H ECHO BLOWER
2 21" SNAPPER WALK BEHIND