View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for clearing up the question. Speaking of insurance, I was just up there this week when searching for the best rate and from my understanding of what was read to me, If I haven't taken proper safety precautions the insurance doesn't do me any justice. They stated if I get in an accident, someone hits me, and so forth, however one of my pieces of equipment flies off and hits someone, because it wasn't properly strapped, they told me I would be liable. However, they did say, if my equipment is strapped properly, they would cover me, hence the reason I was asking specifically about the laws and how we're expected to tie down. I'm new to the scene starting in spring, luckily I was able to find a good insurance rate this week, or at least cheaper than I was expecting, but like you said XYZ, I do plan on putting safety and others safety first, so just because I have insurance, doesn't mean I'm not going to take the proper safety precautions. As you saying there's no such thing as an accident, I would contest to that statement, but I believe there is no reason to not be prepared for an accident should one come.

I appreciate you clearing that up about the trimmers on the rack. I was expecting the mowers to need to be strapped down, and mine will. But as you said, the trimmers are in racks and padlocked in, and is adequate in my books for holding the equipment, hence the reason I also didn't think they would need to be strapped down, but I did want to clear that up and make sure I was doing things right from the beginning. I was just confused because from the reading I did, it seemed like they wanted every piece of cargo strapped down by at least two straps. Glad to hear that is wrong. Thanks again!

Page generated in 0.03825 seconds with 7 queries