View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOREDIRT View Post
I think it looks unprofessional to have a loud jacked up truck as your work truck. And as soon as you do any of that to a truck the value and functionality goes way down. And most guys running those are fly by nights or low ballers around here anyways. I never understand why guys buy these expensive one tons and try to pull 35ft 20k goosenecks around all day and wonder why they don't last. They all think getting a cdl is like a death sentence. You are never going to get anywhere without a dump truck if you are going to do excavating on any scale and buying an "under cdl truck" is a waste of time. Even the lawn and landscape guys around here are buying 4 door f650 and intl 4300 for their crews.
Posted via Mobile Device
100% agree with this- we use commercial trucks (not pickups) for the work we do....we aren't there to look flashy or ride around but rather get some work done.

Figure out what you really need or want the most, then find the best deal you can on the pieces. I don't think there is anything wrong with used equipment, but be willing to travel! We just bought a new truck in NY, I'll fly there and drive it back to Michigan. The internet makes all of this possible....take advantage.

The nice thing about used setup is you can try something out...if it works out or you love it get a new one in the future. Used allows you to 'get out of' something if it doesn't work the way you intended.

either way i'd follow RJ's advice and try to really narrow down what you need and make it happen.

Page generated in 0.04053 seconds with 7 queries