View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3sons View Post
let's say you mow one week and then it rains for say 2 weeks and now the lawn is to high. do you have to tell the customer I gotta charge you more money because now I have to Bag the grass what do you do? Thanks, also you mentioned man hours and overhead is there a software or I should say a free software where I can come up with a selling price thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
Mow when it isn't raining…you have to hustle...you might have to work longer hours and full weekends to get all your properties done. I don't bag grass I only mulch but I'd suspect that some of your clients might be pissed if you tried to charge them more this week because it rained last week. If you do plan on charging more when regular weekly service is skipped, you might want to establish your higher rate up front when you contract with your clients and have it all documented in writing what will determine your higher rates being applied.

You can use a pencil and paper and a calculator or an Excel spreadsheet to calculate your numbers…just make sure you cover all your costs of doing business for the upcoming year and factor in profit and know approximately how many billable hours you will be a able to sell. Make sure you account for price increases to your costs so you aren't trying to play catch up…(i.e. last year's auto insurance was $1000, this coming year it might be $1100).

QuickBooks is a good accounting software but it is not free.
www.awlandscapers.com

Hustler X-One 60"
Wright Stander RH 36"
eXmark 21" ECXKA21 Mower
Stihl FC110 Edger
Stihl FS90 Trimmer
Stihl FS55R Trimmer
Stihl HS56C Hedge Trimmer
Stihl MS391 25" Bar Chainsaw
RedMax EBZ7100 Blower
Earthquake 16" Rear Tine Tiller
Honda 9" Mini Tiller FG110