View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 06:51 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasScape View Post
Your mistake is such a big truck with a gas engine. If you go with a dump full size, diesel is only way to go. My f450 7.3 diesel gets about 15 to 16 mpg loaded with 10 yards of hardwood mulch and an enclosed trailer weighing about 6k loaded. It has good work gears in it. I don't drive it much unloaded but if i had to guess may get 1 or 2 more mpg unloaded. A truck that loses alot of mpg doing the job is the wrong truck for the job in my opinion, losing half of your mpg is over working a truck. I will never understand why they even make dumps with medium size truck gas v8s. Never owned one like that and never will. Just like I do not understand ppl putting dump beds on 3500 or 350 series trucks and below.
Posted via Mobile Device
Even before reading this I've been questioning wether or not to keep it. I love everything about it except the small engine. It's a flatbed dump with saddle tool boxes and 4x4- exactly what I want In a dump. I look forward to using it as my lawn treatment truck- can carry pallets of Fert plus a skid plus a permagreen. Obviously used to carry mulch and to do leaves in the fall. If I could just get between 8-9mpg I would be much more content. I too question why such a small motor.

Anyone have an positive feedback on their smaller engine gas dump?

Page generated in 0.03732 seconds with 7 queries