To the people who say that they are immune to poison ivy, be careful. I always was, up until a few years ago. I could rip it up with my bear hands, walk through a giant patch of it in a pair of flip-flops. When ever we had a site with poison ivy to clear I would go in a few days before the guys and clear out the ivy, then they would come in to do the rest of the work. I never once cought it. Then about two years ago I got it bad. We have no clue what was different that time that caused me to get it. Now I'm 10x more likely to get it than my other guys.
Why do people not respect us as they do other tradesmen? Because every Tom, Dick, and Harry doesn't think he can be a plumber or electrician!