Originally Posted by GreenI.A.
To the people who say that they are immune to poison ivy, be careful. I always was, up until a few years ago. I could rip it up with my bear hands, walk through a giant patch of it in a pair of flip-flops. When ever we had a site with poison ivy to clear I would go in a few days before the guys and clear out the ivy, then they would come in to do the rest of the work. I never once cought it. Then about two years ago I got it bad. We have no clue what was different that time that caused me to get it. Now I'm 10x more likely to get it than my other guys.
Same with me, doctor said over the years that I had just build up more than my natural immunity could resist. I'm not hyper sensitive now but I certainly can't rip it out with bare hands anymore.