View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 02:19 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avlawn View Post
We'll since my last post on here I increased my prices and landed two new fairly good commercial accounts for the new year and some very good landscape commercial projects for next year .. How ever I was offered my old job through a settlent through my attorney with my ex employer.. They my ex employer offered I take my old job back with lost wages or I don't take my job back and take the settlement and run.. I was making 55-60 k per year at my old job..The bad thing is they haven't talked any numbers yet.. What to do ?? What to do ??
Posted via Mobile Device
Take the settlement. Do not go back to work for an employer that you sued. We have a good friend of our family that went back to work for the employer he sued through a class action lawsuit and won. He was the only one who took his job back instead of the cash settlement. Long story short, the employer made his time at work miserable for the next several years until he reached retirement age…they literally stuck him in a cubical, gave him no work, monitored him the entire day…no personal calls, no sleeping, no reading, no surfing the internet, no games on the computer, no interaction with other employees…if he was 1 minute late for work or returning from a break he got written up…any infraction resulted in his pay getting docked…he had to be at his desk at all times unless he was on a scheduled break or needed to use the restroom…he had to be at his desk so that his employer could find him in case they needed him…they never needed him.
www.awlandscapers.com

Hustler X-One 60"
Wright Stander RH 36"
eXmark 21" ECXKA21 Mower
Stihl FC110 Edger
Stihl FS90 Trimmer
Stihl FS55R Trimmer
Stihl HS56C Hedge Trimmer
Stihl MS391 25" Bar Chainsaw
RedMax EBZ7100 Blower
Earthquake 16" Rear Tine Tiller
Honda 9" Mini Tiller FG110