View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 01:08 AM
LawnSite Member

I have been researching a new mower for a while now and still cant bite thebullet on the $$$. My whole thing is standers people say cant hold a hill like a walk behind but some say they can. One plus to w/b, weight. stander is still 200 pounds more than the w/b. And this is a biggy to me. In the last year I have been using a 48 rider and I have noticed my yards starting to get ruts. And most people around here their yards arent huge. I have very rarely cut wide open speed with my rider I have right now. So to me it makes more sense to buy a walk behind vs rider. for a smaller company. but even a bigger comapnay you have to think about the footprint on the yard. I guess if you have two or three different size mowers you can switch it up so u dont get ruts as badly. the stand on mower is intriguing to me though. as far as business wise stander and walkbehind cant be too far off on maintenance costs. seems like they have similar parts or I am wrong??? dont know a whole lot about standers and before anyone says anything, I do change my routes on the yard.

Last edited by No Weeds Left Behind; 12-19-2013 at 01:15 AM.

Page generated in 0.03316 seconds with 7 queries