CENTS 2014 “Grand New” program to turn trade show concept on its head
Midwest’s largest green exposition comes to Columbus in January
not your grandfather’s trade show
Ohio’s capital city will once again host the Central Ohio Nursery and Trade
Show Exhibition this January, offering a convention full of all that is green. This year CENTS will serve up new experiences to make the show fresh and inspiring. Speakers, classes, events and surroundings have been designed to engage and engross the audience of green industry pros, adding another layer of interest to one of the nation’s most successful green events.
“We keep the show fresh to ensure that attendees and exhibitors find the business, education and entertainment opportunities engaging and worthwhile, whether you’ve attended for years or are coming for the first year,” states Kevin Thompson, Executive Director of ONLA, which
sponsors the annual exhibition. “For 2014, we’re rolling out a new approach to inspire as well as inform. People who commit to CENTS deserve an experience. What differentiates us in the industry is that we are a regional conference with a national following, and people recognize we are unyielding in our focus on excellence and progress. The question we kept asking ourselves is, ‘who says a business conference has to be boring?’ So we decided to make CENTS anything but boring, taking the lead on a new kind of show.”
CENTS is known for drawing thousands of green industry professionals from across the nation with groundbreaking authors and speakers, innovative classes and powerful commercial and networking opportunities. This year’s festivities are decidedly personal, building on CENTS centerpiece offering that no amount of digital communication can replace: face-to-face meetings. This includes:
• All-Convention Keynote D.J. “Eagle Bear” Vanas on his powerful, funny and motivating presentation on using warrior spirit power to build succeed in business and life
• CENTS Unforgettable Opening Night Party
• Landscaper’s Challenge spirited on-floor competition to showcase creative, on-thespot ideas
• Exhibit Hall Tree House with classes and demonstrations with famed tree climbing champion Rick Denbeau
• Outdoor Living Area featuring the latest trends in outdoor rooms for entertainment and recreation
• Live cocktail/drink mixing demos in the outdoor living area at the convention hosted by Grant Bain, Managing Member of Speakeasy Kitchen, LLC
• Career Marketplace, the only professional green industry job fair in Ohio
• ONLA Annual Business Meeting & Luncheon to connect to green industry leadership, network and vote on key ONLA business
• Education and more education, featuring The Ohio State University Nursery Short Course and
• Pre-Convention Workshops and CENTS University Business Tracks
The CENTS conference is slated for January 13-15, 2014 at The Greater Columbus Convention Center in Columbus-- 500 miles from 80 percent of the U.S. population. The CENTS Exposition is the only Midwest-centric venue of its kind for green industry professionals. The conference draws 400+ exhibitors and roughly 8,000 attendees including: Growers, Independent Garden Centers, Landscape Contractors, Arborists, Turf, and Pest Management professionals each year.
About CENTS Marketplace
An industry show for industry people, CENTS provides tools and resources on missioncritical business and green industry issues, trends and opportunities. From lead generation and operations information to pre-season buying incentives and Short Course educational programs, CENTS creates a high-energy forum where attendees can buy, sell, learn and meet. CENTS goes beyond the green side of the business to the business side of the business, to help the industry survive and prosper in challenging economic times. For more information, call (800) 825-5062 or visit www.onla.org
. Digital photos are available.