View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainTainZ Property Svcs. View Post
Thanks for the insight. When I built my house, I built a office in the house but it's just not like having a separate location. Every time I go in there to work on whatever, I always get distracted by something. Usually my kids constantly coming to the door wanting something. As far as equipment, my yard is getting run over and it's starting to look a little junky..
Distractions seem to be a never ending thing, especially if time is tight and you're working on something important! I too tried the "in house office" route, but our 2 (then) young boys were always running in and out, making it almost impossible to keep a train of thought. The disruptions were really aggravating, but I didn't want to be constantly getting on the boys because they were just doing what little boys do.

So....since we have a really large garage, I eventually built an office out there and it's perfect! It's fully equipped and well insulated from sound, making it easy to keep your mind on whatever you're working on....and "the boys can still be boys".
Stan

Page generated in 0.03412 seconds with 7 queries