View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 12:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT8 View Post
So what happens when you have a great running mower that isnt so attractive? Get rid of it and buy another new one? No matter how hard you try your equipment will get beat up and lose its brand new look. Or are you going to invest hours ($60hr) to take it all apart and touch it up every month? Dont get me wrong i want my equipment to look its best, we have a hot water pressure washer and always want our trucks and equipment looking its best. Check out my work thread, i have pics of used mowers that i have acquired and you will see that they are not junk.
Posted via Mobile Device
I checked out your thread the other day and posted in it. You got a great deal on that Scag. I also bought a used Scag…thought I got a good deal until I read your thread…mine is a 36" and I paid the same price as you did for your 48". I'm the third owner of the Scag and it has some scratches but runs fine. I'm planning on painting it during the off season if I can find the time. When I got it, I did pressure wash it real well and cleaned it up pretty good and that was a major improvement. The Scag is not my primary mower so it is not seen often or for long periods of time. My X-One is the primary mower and when I am near other objects, I take just a little extra care to make sure I don't hit the stone retaining wall or that tree or the foundation on the side of the house…my trimmer is the tool that was designed to get close to these objects…it takes the same amount of time and effort to trim 2" - 3" of turf surface as it does to trim 6" - 8" of turf surface so there is no need to get the mower within a fraction of an inch of all objects and risk hitting things and damaging your mower or your client's property.
www.awlandscapers.com

Hustler X-One 60"
Wright Stander RH 36"
eXmark 21" ECXKA21 Mower
Stihl FC110 Edger
Stihl FS90 Trimmer
Stihl FS55R Trimmer
Stihl HS56C Hedge Trimmer
Stihl MS391 25" Bar Chainsaw
RedMax EBZ7100 Blower
Earthquake 16" Rear Tine Tiller
Honda 9" Mini Tiller FG110