View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 09:55 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Wbcousins, i see you are from PEI, welcome to the forum; its always nice to hear from more Canadians here!

I would strongly encourage you to do some research about the importance of appropriate electrical safety/inspection listings. If PEI is anything like Ontario (and most US States for that matter), it is illegal for a contractor to install any unlisted or inappropriately listed electrical products. By doing so you are opening yourself up to the risk of being charged a fine by your electrical safety authority, or worse in the case of any accident, product failure or mishap.

There are a number of 'manufacturers' out there who are importing lighting fixtures from offshore factories and not submitting them to the trouble and expense of being appropriately listed. This is one way they are able to offer their products for seemingly low cost. All it does is put you and your business at greater risk, which is in my opinion, not a very good value proposition at all. (Besides that, it is against the law.)

Always look for one of the following electrical listings on any products that you install: cETL, cUL, CSA, cMET, cTUVus. Here is a link for more information: http://www.esasafe.com/consumers/productsafety/marks

www.integralighting.com

www.facebook.com/INTEGRA.Lighting

Affiliations: IESNA, IALD, IDA, AOLP, LO, MBA

Page generated in 0.03746 seconds with 7 queries