View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 01:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
i signed a contract with a local collection agency. gonna see how that works out next year. I got a few that are well over 90 days and i have given up myself. I will put the collection agency on their butt so mabee it won't go away as easy as they think.. and who knows, mabee i'll get some of the money which is better than the nothing that i already settled on. I still feel lucky to have way more good clients than bad, so gotta see the good in the situation. there are just idiots out there, we are all gonna have to deal with them at some point. To bad i can't do a "wall of shame.." on the ole website.. hahaha.. like when people steal from the gas station and get there picture posted up there. Its stealing plain and simple.
Exactly. Not worth the time. But it would have been nice in principle to show this cop up.

He's one of those typical know it all types...especially when you try to tell him he's wrong in what he considers his arena of expertise. Funny when cops who make have a knowledge or criminal codes (or may not), seem to think they earned a law degree at the academy.

I could have shown this jerk his day in court and embarrassed him with by slapping him with unjust enrichment (something he probably didn't even realize), but it's not worth my time. I would still have to collect, and just because a judge writes on paper a demand to pay doesn't mean anything.

He's also a very dangerous person...as in an actual criminal capable of horrific things but carries a badge. Literally a gangster. Not worth the damage someone like this could inflict with his power on myself or the business. I would, however, love to tell his neighbors and department about his lack of morals, but knowing his departments reputation it wouldn't do anything that get him some pats on the back for muscling someone, and I would risk defamation of character of slander.

Bottom line, there are lots of jerks in this world, and some aren't very smart despite what they think of themselves. Regardless, in this situation I had to put aside my desire for restitution/compensation/justice and realize that by pissing off someone with power I could be hurting myself in more ways. Had to just let the fire burn out rather than fighting fire with fire...it's hard to put aside, but I do believe in karma. He's probably miserable in many ways knowing what I know about his behavior and psychology.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.03816 seconds with 7 queries